A lovingly restored Tuscan farmhouse with beautiful manicured gardens, set amongst 17 hectares of olive trees in the Unesco World Heritage listed Val d'Orcia.
Tuscany-Southeast/Val D'Orcia Villa 10
Located between Pienza and Montepulciano, Casa Vista enjoys stunning, 270 degree panoramic views of the town of Monticchiello and its surrounding hills, with Radicofani in the distance. The farmhouse wraps around a beautiful parterre garden of lavender with a statue of la bella donna (the beautiful woman) as its centrepiece. Beyond the parterre garden is a flower lined, private sunbathing area that leads to a stunning horizon plunge pool.
Every room of the villa, including the four spacious bedrooms, boasts spectacular views of the Val d’Orcia valley or gardens. Each bedroom has its own travertine stone en suite bathroom with rain shower and air conditioning so that you can enjoy the all-important modern comforts.
Stylish and geniuine all at once, this charming Tuscan farmhouse guarantees privacy and the full comfort of a luxury home in the peaceful Tuscan countryside. Interior designed by Tuscan firm, Sestini e Corti, the farmhouse is furnished in an industrial, rustic style drawing on local, reclaimed materials.
Casa Vista is neighboured by the vineyard of Capitoni, a local family who have been making their wonderful Orcia riserva wine for generations. The villa also looks across the valley to the organic farm Podere Il Casale, that produces cheeses, honey, olive oil and wine, amongst other things.
Each morning, a complimentary international buffet style breakfast is offered. For all other meals, a professional, English speaking Chef is available on request. Menus are suggested by the Chef every day depending on guests’ preferences. Ingredients such as vegetables, olive oil, cheeses and meat are local and mostly produced in the area. The resident Chef also runs Italian cooking classes.
For your convenience, both before and during your vacation, an English speaking concierge is available and will help with organizing your stay by suggesting restaurants, wine tastings and other activities.
An additional range of services are available on request.
Spa services on site (massage, manicure, pedicure)
Party planning and organization of a larger dinner or event
Wine purchasing and shipping, arranging of private wine tastings
Car and driver for guided tours
Transfers from/to the airport
Cooking classes and market/farm visits
Independent farmhouse sleeps: 8+1 or 2 additional beds for kids (4 Bedrooms / 6 Bathrooms)
- Property Type
- Tuscany-Southeast/Val D'Orcia
- Special Selection
- Deluxe World Class Property
- Our Favorites
- Outdoor pool
- Incredible views
- English speaking concierge
- air conditioning
• Entrance hall /living room with pot belly stove
• Open office/studio with Sonos speaker (works off wifi and can be moved)
• Double/twin bedroom with en suite bathroom (including rainshower)
• 2 double bedrooms with en suite bathrooms (including rainshowers). Note: All bedrooms have direct access to the garden
• Additional powder room
• Kitchen/dining - the beating heart of Casa Vista. The large open-plan fully furnished kitchen, which leads outside to the shaded outdoor dining area. The spacious kitchen has all modern appliances and is divided into two rooms, one for cooking and eating and a pantry with dishwasher and second sink.
• Wine cellar with a range of local wines to choose from (at an additional cost) • Washing machines and garage (for staff use only)
• Large master bedroom with en suite bathroom (including rainshower and bathtub) - walk in wardrobe - private terrace with direct access to the garden. It enjoys amazing panoramic views. • Hobby loungeroom with TV (including Apple TV) and Sonos speaker, sofas, board games and a terrace with panoramic views. Also has a pot belly stove. • Additional powder room
• Shaded dining patio
• Horizon swimming pool with built in benches (4mx3m)
• Manicured gardens
• Vegetable garden
• Pizza oven (to be used with staff assistance only)
• Sunset terrace at the hilltop edge of the property for you to enjoy panoramic views of Pienza and Monticchiello and the valley in between
• Olive grove
• Security gated entrance and open garage for car parking
• Daily house clean/tidy-up • Weekly change of linen - mid week change of towels • Daily breakfast prepared • Proper maintenance of the garden and pool CONCIERGE SERVICE Both before and during the vacation, an English speaking concierge is available and will help the guests organizing their stay by suggesting restaurants, wine tastings and other activities. An additional range of services can be tailored to guests' needs on request. • Spa services on site (massage, manicure, pedicure) • Party planning and organization of a larger dinner or event • Wine purchasing and shipping, arranging of private wine tastings • Car and driver for guided tours • Transfers from/to the airport • Cooking classes and market/farm visits • Babysitter • Personal trainer • Yoga teacher
Refundable Security Deposit A professional, English speaking Chef is available on request. Lunch costs 25 € per person (three courses) and dinner is 45 € per person (five courses). Menus are suggested by the Chef every day depending on guests’ preferences. Children aged 6 to 10 pay half price and meals for children under 6 are free. Liquors and wines are not included; a list of wines and spirits is available in the house. Ingredients such as vegetables, olive oil, cheeses and meat are local and mostly produced in the area. Our resident Chef also runs Italian cooking classes
• Wineries, wine shops and restaurants are all within a very short drive • Hot springs and spas are 20 to 30 minutes • Pienza: 10 to 15 minutes (1 hour walk across the fields if you like to hike!) • San Quirico: 15 to 20 minutes • Montepulciano: 15 to 20 minutes • Montalcino: 35 minutes • Cortona: 55 minutes • Perugia: 1 hour • Siena: 1 hour • Assisi: 1 hour 45 minutes • Orvieto: 1 hour 15 minutes • Train station in Chiusi: 50 minutes • Airport in Perugia: 1 hour 20 minutes • Airport in Florence: 1 hour 30 minutes • Airports in Rome and Pisa: 2 hours 30 minutes
Recommended Local Restaurants
5-10 minute drive:
La Porta-via del Piano 2, 53026 MONTICCHIELLO Tel. 0578 755163 www.osterialaporta.it/en/ The name gives it away: this friendly, informal restaurant is located at the gate of the picturesque village of Montichiello. There is a terrace with a view. Inexpensive to Moderate prices.
La Bandita Townhouse-Corso Il Rossellino, 111 Pienza (SI) 53026 Tel. +39 0578 749 005 www.la-bandita.com/townhouse/the-restaurant For our money, the best food in Pienza today. Traditional, yet with a creative twist. Moderate Prices
15 minute drive
La Grotta-Località San Biagio 16, 53045 MONTEPULCIANO n Tel. 0578757479 www.lagrottamontepulciano.it Situated right across from St. Blaise's Church, this hotel in its 16C building makes a picturesque place with its nice summer service in the garden. Traditional Tuscan cuisine. Moderate prices
Within 30 minutes
Hostaria il Buco-via Della Pace 39, 53042 CHIANCIANO TERME Tel. +39057830230 Just below the old town center in the upper part of the town stands this small establishment with a warm, family atmosphere. The menu offers typical Tuscan recipes, homemade pasta, mushrooms and truffles. Inexpensive prices
Taverna da Ciacco-via Dante Alighieri 30/a, 53027 San Quirico d'Orcia Tel. +390577897312 www.daciacco.it A welcoming restaurant with a rustic feel. The owner-chef delights guests with his traditional yet imaginative delicacies, such as pici pasta with Pachino cherry tomatoes, garlic and chilli peppers and the renowned Chianina steak. Fish occasionally features on the menu. Moderate prices
Il Conte Matto-via Taverne 40, 53020 TREQUANDA Tel. +390577662079 www.contematto.it The castle's 14C gamekeeper's lodge has been transformed into a showcase for Tuscan produce such as fresh pasta, Chianina beef, Cinta Senese pork and local cheeses. Panoramic terrace overlooking the hills, and views of the surrounding countryside from the guestrooms.
Bar Ristorante Dopolavoro-Strada della Vittoria, 90 - Località La Foce (SI) - Tel./ Fax: 0578/754025 www.dopolavorolafoce.it/index.php Inexpensive
I Salotti-località Querce al Pino, strada statale 146 53043 Chiusi Tel. 0578274407 One Michelin star. Creative. This excellent restaurant with an elegant ambience and just a few tables offers two tasting menus. One that focuses on Tuscan traditions (meat only) and another that is equally balanced between meat and fish dishes. Expensive.
Within an hour
La Frateria di Padre Eligio-Convento St. Francesco, Cetona Tel. 0578/238261 - 0578/238015 www.lafrateria.com/pagina.asp?num=6 In a park, a medieval Franciscan monastery, managed by a community of former drug users, creative cuisine: mystical influences and tempting "sins" such as wine. Truly, one of the most beautiful, peaceful, and uplifting places that I have ever visited, and the food is exceptional. too. Expensive.
Castello Di Fighine-Localita Fighine 53040 San Casciano dei Bagni Tel. 0578 56158 One Michelin star. A dirt track leads to this magical spot, where a medieval castle offers views of the surrounding hills. Meals are served either in the attractive dining rooms or on the romantic wisteria covered terrace in fine weather. Fresh cuisine with a personal touch. Upper moderate pricing.
SIlene-località Pescina, 58038 SEGGIANO Tel. +390564950805 www.ilsilene.it Located in a quiet spot, this is an old inn which has been renovated over the years. Elegant dining hall with nice furniture. Traditional cuisine and innovative dishes. Has earned One Michelin Star
55% of Rental
Most of year
Prices include all taxes, agency fees, foreign exchange fees, and credit card fees.
Apr 29 - May 27 $9,638 Weekly
May 27 - Sep 02 $12,363 Weekly
Sep 02 - Oct 28 $9,638 Weekly
There are no reviews at this time.
Casa Vista Availability Request
To request information about the availability of this property, please enter your travel dates and provide your email!