Beautiful, centrally located 2 bedroom frescoed apartment with modern appointments. A real piece of history.
Florence Apartments Apartment 3
This very special 300 m2/3229 sq. ft. apartment is in the Aldobrandini Palace, located in Piazza Madonna degli Aldobrandini, behind the Basilica of San Lorenzo, where the entrance to the Medici Chapel is located. The noble Aldobrandini family, originally from Florence, distinguished themselves especially in the 16th century because many members had brilliant careers both in the fields of law and in the Church. The apartment is well appointed and historic, yet with all modern amenities.
The apartment is located on the 1st floor, with lift, of Palazzo Aldobrandini. Entering there is a large hall with wardrobe which houses a collection of walking sticks from various periods, and a library containing books of art (painting, sculpture, art history in general) that is available to guests. The back wall is covered with a tapestry from the 16th century. Continuing , there is the lounge directly overlooking the Medici Chapels, painted with music allegories from the 1800s, and it retains its wooden gallery (not accessible) for the orchestra that played in front of the Palazzo. There are two large sofas for 3 people each, armchairs, chairs that altogether can accommodate up to 15 people at once. The small blue studio is a small room, but with a large window overlooking the inner courtyard of the palace. It is embellished with a fabulous vault decorated with flower patterns and delicate lace. It is furnished to be used as a study or, if necessary, as an extra bedroom for a child or a service person. It has a single sofa bed, a desk, and an Empire style chest of drawers. The dining room overlooks the square, decorated with a large central table (comfortably seats 10), notched sideboard and a wall cupboard, both from the 1600s, a Louis XIV chest of drawers, 2 small round tables for breakfast or dinner for 4 / 6 people. It is illuminated by an imposing polychrome Murano chandelier. The master bedroom has an alcove where, presumably, Pope Clement VIII Aldobrandini slept. It consists of an alcove decorated with a beautiful Piacenza bureau from the 17th century with a beautiful oil painting that depicts a mythological scene, a big wardrobe with three doors, a 3 seater sofa and various chairs. The alcove is home to a majestic double bed (180 cm / 71 in) surmounted by an ancient golden canopy. The bedroom is air-conditioned and has satellite TV with the full SKY package. The master bathroom is en-suite with marble finishes and classic white porcelain with a large shower. The kitchen is fully equipped with every comfort, and also has three hoods that allow multiple chefs to use of the stove simultaneously. Finally, the second bathroom, for guests has a bathtub supported by iron ball and claw feet. A niche in the wall houses a large mirror lit by antique wrought iron sconces.
Included in the price: Utilities included up to € 300.00 (for stays up to 30 days), final cleaning.
2 Bedrooms(one double and one single)/2 Bathrooms 300 m2/3229 sq. ft.
- Air Conditioning
- Satellite Television
- Washer and Dryer
The present building is the site of several houses owned by the Aldobrandini del Nero since the fourteenth century. The family extend the properties by buying more neighboring buildings, and other Aldobrandini family members in the late seventeenth and early eighteenth century unified all of the various buildings, giving the building its present appearance, occupying a vast area that includes the right angle of Piazza Madonna degli Aldobrandini (formerly Campo Corbolini) and two appendages on Via de' Conti (formerly Via della Forca) and Via del Giglio. The shape of the two buildings side by side at an angle is very unusual for Florence.
It was significantly modified in the eighteenth century, coming to its current appearance. At that time the building had changed hands to another branch of the family, after the extinction of the Pope (Pope Clement VIII, Ippolito Aldobrandini) in 1690. In 1861 it was passed via inheritance to a noble Venetian family, who sold it immediately. The building has three floors. The front door leads to a hall with a barrel vault decorated in the nineteenth century style. Here there is a nineteenth-century wrought-iron gate and in front of the staircase, a carved door with the arms of the Aldobrandini family. On the first floor, there are rooms with frescoes by Vincenzo Meucci (1759) and others from the early nineteenth century. The Meucci won the commission to decorate the vaults of the main floor by Giovan Francesco Aldobrandini in 1759 on the occasion of his marriage to Maria Cristina Bourbon del Monte Santa Maria. In addition to the Allegory of Virtue and painted by the Master of Arts, he recognizes the work of Tommaso Gherardini in Jacob's Dream of the thalamus in the room, in the Allegory of Justice and Peace in the alcove, and in Allegory of Spring in the vault of the small gallery that connects the first living room to the rest of the house. The family is currently represented by Prince Camillo Aldobrandini (born in 1945).
- Property Type
- Florence Apartments
- Special Selection
- Deluxe World Class Property
- Historic Property
- Within walking distance of a village
Maid service and cook available on request.
For rentals less than 30 days a € 1,000.00 security deposit guaranteed by credit card (not debit card) is required, while for rentals of more than 30 days special conditions apply. Tourist tax of €2.50 per person (over the age of 12) per night, for the first 7 nights
Located in central Florence
40% of rental
Prices include all taxes, agency fees, foreign exchange fees, and credit card fees.
2017 Prices on Request
Please inquire about multiple week discounts
There are no reviews at this time.
Firenze Ventisette Availability Request
To request information about the availability of this property, please enter your travel dates and provide your email!