Elegant 1 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom villa restored to the highest standards. Probably the highest quality villa of this size in our portfolio. Very special.
Umbria Villa 2
Barcolino, on the border of Umbria and Tuscany, is a light filled Guest Apartment available for rental when the main house is unoccupied. It is an open plan apartment with a mezzanine floor and has a covered loggia with great views over the surrounding countryside. It is located within easy strolling distance to the Reschio Centre where the Osteria, stables and tennis court are located. Guests staying at Barcolino have exclusive use of the 18 x 4.5 m swimming pool, outdoor kitchen, hot tub and custom built spa bath.
Barcolino is part of Castello di Reschio, a very private estate and nature reserve that covers 2,700 acres of Umbrian countryside on the border with Tuscany. This is the green heart of Italy, a land of rolling hills, vineyards, olive groves and woods of oak and chestnut, where little has changed since St Francis of Assisi preached here in the Middle Ages. Integral to Reschio is a unique combination of world class service and facilities, privacy, security and nature at it's most tranquil. The 5* concierge service available to all owners through the Estate Management Company includes personal drivers, daily maid service, food delivery and cooking services.
Residents can enjoy classic Italian food in the delightful setting of the Osteria, horse-riding, mountain biking and country walks on the estate, clay pigeon shooting and tennis. Castello di Reschio is centrally placed to enjoy the highlights of Umbria and Tuscany and is only 20 minutes from Cortona or half an hour from the galleries, churches, opera, film and jazz festivals in Umbria's capital city, Perugia. Florence and Rome are within two hours drive, and Siena, Arezzo, Assisi, Todi and Orvieto are all close by.
This unit is only available when main house is not occupied.
1Bedroom/2 Bathrooms 1500 m2/1615 sq. ft.
• Open plan sitting room area with doors to covered loggia
• Bedroom zone with spacious shower room and separate w.c. cloakroom
• Small well-equipped kitchen
• Study area with sofa bed on mezzanine floor, TV, DVD
• Guest shower room on mezzanine floor
- The following are valid for 2014 & 2015:
- Maid service 1 hour per day, Monday to Friday.
- Concierge. An English-speaking concierge is available daily for assistance and to answer any questions you might have about the villa or the surrounding.
- Wireless broadband internet. Please be advised that due to the rural location of the property the internet connection might be intermittent and at an inferior speed than what you are used to.
- Cost of utilities (water, gas and electricity).
- Arrival set of bed linen, bath and pool towels and mid-week change.
- Final cleaning.
- Spa bath - available on request at EUR 500 per week plus VAT (currently 22%).
- Central heating as per consumption.
- Extra maid service - available on request at EUR 26 per hour plus VAT (currently 22%).
- Telephone as per consumption.
- Services at the Castello di Reschio estate (horseback riding, restaurant, bikes, tennis court).
- Chef service and cooking classes are available - price on request.
- We are also able to arrange all manner of additional activities to enhance your villa experience such as transfers, guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, art classes and hot-air ballooning. Please see the Activities tab for further ideas and discuss with your Travel Consultant for further details.
GENERAL ACTIVITIES IN UMBRIA
- Shopping in Perugia - explore the many streets for shopping in the historic centre of Perugia including Corso Vannucci, Via dei Priori, Via Oberdan
- Lake Trasimeno - take a 6 hour tour, which gives you the opportunity to discover some of the best kept secrets of the lake. Aboard one of the comfortable ‘Lake Limousines’, you will sail across the waters, observing the Isola Maggiore and the Isola Polvese
- Bevagna - an Umbrian treasure, Bevagna awaits your visit, a beautiful “borgo” with its ancient town walls. Visit the Roman Mosaic, San Silvestro Church, and The Torti Theatre
- Lunch in the Roman Amphitheatre of Bevagna - enjoy a lunch of gourmet Roman-Umbrian specialities in the ambulacra of an ancient amphitheatre followed by a wine tasting session in the cellars
- Private Villa Concert - the ultimate Italian music experience in the intimacy of your villa. A Violin-Piano Duo, Harp and Flute, a String Quartet with Soprano and Tenor singers as well as Jazz and Neapolitan Folk formations can be arranged
- Wine tasting and Olive Oil tasting – visit the wine cellars of a wine grower near Assisi
- Wellbeing – spend a relaxing day at Assisi’s or Città di Castello’s thermal baths
SPORTING ACTIVITIES IN UMBRIA
- Golf - 8 golf courses
- Wind Surfing - watersport activities are possible at Lake Trasimeno
- Rafting - the perfect place for rafting is the Sibillini National Park
- Trekking - there are many trekking possibilities in the naturalistic area of the Coscerno and Aspra Mountains
- Paragliding - paraglide above the Planes of Castelluccio di Norcia.
- Kayaking - the perfect place for kayaking is the Sibillini National Park
- Horse riding - discover the beautiful Umbrian countryside on horse back
- Mountain bike - rent a bike and head to the Sibillini National Park
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS IN UMBRIA
- Perugia, The Rocca Paolina - Open all year round
- Perugia, Church of San Bernadino - Open all year round
- Perugia, National Archaeological Museum of Umbria - Open all year round
- Perugia, Fontana Maggiore
- Perugia, Botanical Gardens - Open all year round
- Orvieto, Cappella di San Brizio - Open all year round
- Orvieto, Orvieto Underground 'Parco Delle Grotte' - Open all year round
- Trevi, Flash Art Museum - Open all year round
- Spoleto, Pinacoteca Comunale - Open all year round
- Assisi, Cripta Della Cattedrale - Open all year round
- Assisi, Galleria D'arte Contemporanea - Open all year round
- Assisi, Rocca Maggiore - Open all year round
- Assisi, Basilica of San Francesco d'Assisi - Open all year round
- Magione, Castle of the Knights of Malta
- Magione, The Fishing Museum at San Feliciano - Open all year round
- Marsciano, Museo Dinamico Del Laterizio E Delle Terrecotte - Open all year round
- Property Type
- Special Selection
- Deluxe World Class Property
- Our Favorites
- Outdoor pool
Prices include all taxes, agency fees, foreign exchange fees, and credit card fees.
2017 Prices call us
There are no reviews at this time.
Reschio Barcolino Availability Request
To request information about the availability of this property, please enter your travel dates and provide your email!