Beautifully restored, charming and atmospheric 6 bedroom village house. Very special
Provence/France Villa 10
A fascinating old town house, set over 3 floors, in the ancient village of Goult. Restaurants and village life are literally a stone throw away, although the 'piece de resistance' here is the property's hidden gem - a private heated swimming pool, set in a sunny spot within the beautiful garden. Not what you would expect to find in a town property.
Old stone stairs, thick walls and rooms on different levels give just some indication of the historical nature of this wonderful old house. It has been renovated by its French owners to provide excellent traditional and Provencal accommodation throughout the main house and the annexes. The main house offers all amenities to its guests, with space to gather with family and friends, as well as quiet areas to relax by yourself. There are 2 bedrooms, an office area, a lounge area, media/games room, and even a small library. A fully equipped kitchen awaits your purchases from the local market and a dining area invites to enjoy regional delicacies in an authentic setting. There are two indoor dining areas; one by the kitchen and the other is in a dining room with a stone vaulted ceiling and grand fire-place. To perfect the Provencal experience, an amazing rooftop teak-floored terrace offers stunning views over the Luberon valley. In addition to the accommodation in the main house, the property offers four other bedrooms in three different annexes, each with private access. The annexes are spacious and comfortable and combine authentic features such as original stone floors and arched ceilings with Provencal furniture. They all wind around a little courtyard, where the pool patiently waits to cool you down after a long day exploring the surrounding Luberon valley. On the lower courtyard there is one of the famous Mulberry trees, about 200 years old who lends its leafy shade to the garden chairs underneath. A small back gate opens out into a tiny street then opens up around the corner in front of the grocer's! The house is the ideal pied-à-terre for experiencing life in a Provencal town and exploring the wealth of treasures that the region has to offer.
The house is not suitable for small children. The owner does not allow children under the age of 8, as the pool is not protected and cannot be due to its location in the courtyard.
6 Bedrooms/7 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning (Partial)
- Rooftop deck with magnificent views of Lubéron Valley
- Ensuite shower rooms for each bedroom
- Business Centre
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Computer Games Console
- Dining Area (Outdoor)
- DVD Player
- Fans Available
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- Library (CD's/DVD's)
- Recreation (Board Games)
- Swimming Pool (Heating Available)
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- Washing Machine & Dryer
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Maid service three hours on Wednesday.
- Arrival set of pool towels, bed and household linens (weekly change for bookings longer than 7 nights).
- Final Cleaning.
- Central Heating.
- Partial air-conditioning (available in 2 bedrooms).
- Private swimming pool (9mx3m).
- Telephone (Calls to landlines in USA, UK and Europe only).
- Wi-Fi broadband internet.
- Extra Maid service available on request at EUR 15/hour.
- Pool Heating available on request at EUR 250/week (max. heat 24 degrees, no cover for night time).
- Cook service (local cuisine) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 30/hr plus the cost of groceries.
- Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 80 per person including the cost of the groceries. A full chef service including breakfast, lunch and dinner is available from EUR 350/day.
- Waiters (obligatory for more than 8 guests): From EUR 20/hr (subject to availability).
- Transfers from Marseille Airport to the Villa (One way): Mercedes Viano or similar (for up to eight passengers) available from EUR 312.
- Transfers from Avignon Train Station (TGV) to the Villa (One way): Mercedes Viano or similar (for up to eight passengers) available from EUR 216.
(Please note: for services between 7.30pm and 7.00am a supplement of 20% is applied).
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is available. A service fee of EUR 60 is charged plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries.
- We are also able to arrange additional activities to enhance your holiday experience such as guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, tennis or golf courses, bike rental or art classes.
Why we chose this villa for our portoflio-Fascinating renovation of a village house in the charming village of Gordes, including an indoor pool useable all year. Also includes concierge services.
- Property Type
- Special Selection
- Our Favorites
- Within walking distance of a village
- Outdoor pool
Large vaulted ceiling indoor dining room with fire place opening onto a second dining area. Fully equipped kitchen with direct access to outdoor dining area and pool.
Master bedroom with queen sized bed (160cm) opening on a small living area with sofa and TV and sliding glass door to a small private terrace with views over the village. This room also has a door which opens directly onto the main roof terrace. WC in the room (behind a screen), the proper bathroom is located on the first floor. Bedroom: Queen-sized bed (160cm) with en-suite shower room and WC.
Annexe 1: • Under roof twin bedroom with en-suite shower room and toilet ( ideal for teenagers). • Terrace with direct access to the pool. Annexe 2: • Double bedroom with queen size bed (160cm) with en-suite shower room and pool view. Annexe 3: Ground Floor: • Double bedroom with twin beds, arched ceilings, shower room and toilet on the lower floor. First Floor: • Double bedroom with a queen size bed (160cm) with en-suite shower room.
Maid service three hours on Wednesday. Extra Maid service available on request at EUR 15/hour. Cook service (local cuisine) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 30/hr plus the cost of groceries. Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 80 per person including the cost of the groceries. A full chef service including breakfast, lunch and dinner is available from EUR 350/day. Waiters (obligatory for more than 8 guests): From EUR 20/hr (subject to availability).
Refundable security deposit
Train station: Avignon (39km) Airport: Marseille (71.5km)/Avignon (34km) Villages: Goult (10metres), Beaumettes (5,5km), L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue (20km), Apt (14km), Bonnieux (8km) City: Aix-en-Provence (75km) Beach: Carry-le-Rouet (95.5km) Golf: Provence Country Club (19km)
Recommended Local Restaurants
Le Carillon-AV. DU LUBERON, 84220 GOULT Tel +33490721509 www.lecarillon-restaurant.com Facing the carillon on Goult's main square, this restaurant was completely refurbished in 2013. The menu, which offers good seasonal dishes, changes every month and a half. Cool and shady terrace. Inexpensive to moderate pricing
Les Saveurs Gourmandes-51 R. KLÉBER, 84560 MÉNERBES Tel +33432502053 www.restaurantlessaveursgourmandes.com 5 kms from the house. The chef, former hotel school culinary instructor, has set up shop in a house (part of which is troglodytic) in the heart of the village. He works with excellent regional produce, liberally yet carefully seasoned with spices and herbs. A treat for the taste buds, all the more so as the bill is reasonable.
55% of rental
Most of year
Prices include all taxes, agency fees, foreign exchange fees, and credit card fees.
May 12 - Jun 30 $9,295 Weekly
Jun 30 - Sep 01 $11,220 Weekly
Sep 01 - Sep 29 $9,295 Weekly
Sep 29 - Dec 22 $7,383 Weekly
Dec 22 - Jan 05 $9,295 Weekly
There are no reviews at this time.
Goult Townhouse Availability Request
To request information about the availability of this property, please enter your travel dates and provide your email!