La maison des rochers
Three bedroom village house partially carved from the cliffs.
Provence/France Villa 5
A restored 17th Century village house seemingly carved from the cliffs of Gordes, beautifully offset by the cream plaster work and French Tavel stone used throughout. With magnificent views of the Luberon Mountains from every window and each of its many terraces, this is an ideal base from which to stroll to the shops and restaurants.
The property sits on three levels with two terraces to the east side of the house, one vaulted with a large wrought iron table and chairs ideal for evening drinks or dinner. There is a third on the west side with teak tables and chairs leading down to a shaded seating area, the 4m x 8m swimming pool and compact private shaded garden. Gordes is a striking hilltop village carved out of the rocks, once a resistance stronghold in the Second World War. Now the village is popular with visitors year round, as it has a charming array of shops, art galleries and restaurants, teamed with spectacular views from the village walls.
This property is not suitable for people with walking difficulties. Due to the nature of the property there are several drops around the property. Young children need to be supervised.
3 Bedrooms/2 Bathrooms
- Barbecue Facilities
- Central Heating
- Coffee Machine (Espresso)
- Dining Area (Outdoor)
- DVD Player
- Fans Available
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- iPod Docking Station (iPod Not included)
- Library (CD's/DVD's)
- Swimming Pool (with Cover)
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- Washing Machine & Dryer
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- Arrival set of pool towels, household and bed linen (weekly change for rentals longer than 7 nights).
- Private swimming pool (8m x 4m) with pool cover.
- Final Cleaning.
- Central Heating.
- Wi-Fi broadband internet.
- Maid service available on request at €20/hour.
- Telephone as per consumption (payable locally).
- Cook service (local cuisine) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 30/hr plus the cost of groceries.
- Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 80 per person including the cost of the groceries. A full chef service including breakfast, lunch and dinner is available from EUR 350/day.
- Waiters (obligatory for more than 8 guests): From EUR 20/hr (subject to availability).
- Transfers from Marseille Airport to the Villa (One way): Mercedes Viano or similar (for up to eight passengers) available from EUR 312.
- Transfers from Avignon Train Station (TGV) to the Villa (One way): Mercedes Viano or similar (for up to eight passengers) available from EUR 216.
(Please note: for services between 7.30pm and 7.00am a supplement of 20% is applied).
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is available. A service fee of EUR 60 is charged plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries.
- We are also able to arrange additional activities to enhance your holiday experience such as guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, tennis or golf courses, bike rental or art classes.
- Property Type
- Special Selection
- Our Favorites
- Within walking distance of a village
- Outdoor pool
Bedroom 1: Double bed (160cm). Shared shower room with bedroom 2. Bedroom 2: Double bed (140cm) suitable for 2 children. Shared shower room with bedroom 1. Restored stone staircase leads down to the swimming pool and small garden with barbecue.
Living room: Open plan living area with fireplace, TV, DVD player and comfortable sofas. Dining area: Dining table seating 4. Kitchen: Open plan Provencal kitchen with access onto the breakfast terrace with stunning views.
Bedroom 3: Master suite with queen size bed (160cm). En-suite shower room. Lounge area located on a mezzanine level.
Maid service available on request at €20/hour. Cook service (local cuisine) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 30/hr plus the cost of groceries. Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 80 per person including the cost of the groceries. A full chef service including breakfast, lunch and dinner is available from EUR 350/day. Waiters (obligatory for more than 8 guests): From EUR 20/hr (subject to availability).
Refundable security deposit
Train stations: Avignon (39km)/ Aix-en-Provence (78km) Airports: Avignon Airport (30km) / Marseille Airport (77km) / Nice Airport (244km) Villages:Gordes (100 metres), , L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue(18km), Apt (20km), Saignon (24km), Carpentras (26km) Cities: Avignon (39km), Aix-en-Provence (77km), Marseille (90km) Beach: Carry-le-Rouet (93km) Golf: Provence Country Club (17km)
55% of rental
Most of year
Prices include all taxes, agency fees, foreign exchange fees, and credit card fees.
Apr 01 - May 13 $2,995 Weekly
May 13 - Jul 02 $3,555 Weekly
Jul 02 - Sep 02 $4,620 Weekly
There are no reviews at this time.
La maison des rochers Availability Request
To request information about the availability of this property, please enter your travel dates and provide your email!