Monte Santa Maria
Very well done 5 bedroom, 7 bathroom villa with superb views, located in a village. From $6,915 per week
Umbria Villa 10
A welcoming and simply beautiful house tastefully decorated with maximum focus on luxury. Set amidst the Umbrian hills with stunning views. Visitors just adore enjoying every moment in these gorgeous surroundings around a unique green marble pool, and can easily slip out from the back door into the conveniently located sleepy village, for a quiet coffee or delicious meal. Making it the perfect getaway either lazing in the sun taking in the view or being spoilt by the excellent maid service or dining in the local restaurant.
The house's location in the village makes sure that it uniquely combines the beauty of the countryside with the practical aspect of being part of this tiny village. Visitors will feel private yet part of the true Umbrian Life. The house is at 2,300 feet above sea level, providing wonderful views as well as cooler temperatures in the summer.
Conveniently located on the border between Tuscany and Umbria it offers the possibility to visit some of the most attractive sights of central Italy like Perugia, Arezzo, Montepulciano, Cortona. The house itself has a long history with its spectacular terrace and garden. Originally a series of towers, it was later united as one building and served as hotel, convent and children's school before its current renovation. Lovingly and carefully restored by one of the most prominent designer duo in London, it perfectly combines the 16th century flair with amenities requested by discerned travellers: high lofty beamed ceilings, meter thick stone walls, gorgeous views from every window are in impeccable harmony with designer furniture, luxurious bathrooms and private pool.
5 Bedrooms/7 Bathrooms 860 m2/9,257 sq ft
As the villa is built on a hill, there are two accesses: one through the village with car parking available at approx. 50 meters; and a street access via a stone cobbled courtyard which leads to the garden and from there to the 2nd lower floor. Located between the world-renowned centres of Florence, Assisi & Perugia, it is on the cusp between Tuscany and Umbria so that culture and art surround you.
The house has 4 floors in total connected by a large, central staircase which is an architectural jewel in itself with its original stone floors and iron staircase, Spina centrepiece light sculpture cascading through the stairwell some 6 meters high.
As the house is built on a hill, there are two accesses: one through the village with car parking available at approx. 50 meters; and a street access via a stone cobbled courtyard which leads to the garden and from there to the 2nd lower floor.
Ground Floor/ Village Level
• Dining room
• Large fully equipped kitchen with living area
• TV room
• Bathroom with shower
• Access to the terrace
• Panoramic Suite: 30 sqm bedroom with en-suite bathroom (shower) and dressing room
• 1 twin bedroom, en-suite bathroom
1st Lower Floor/ Library Level
• Library-drawing room with large stone fireplace and arched ceiling
• Star Suite: double bedroom, en-suite bathroom (shower) and separate dressing room
• Twin bedroom with adjacent bathroom (tub & shower)
• Double bedroom with four poster bed, en-suite bathroom (shower)
• Juliet balcony overlooking the pool
2nd Lower Floor
• Kitchen with dining area
• Pantry and cloakroom
• Small terrace overlooking the pool
Steps lead down to the garden and pool area
There are two distinct outside spaces:
The Garden & Pool Area with a small pool (6 x 3 m), lounges and sun umbrellas.
The terrace (60 sqm) is accessed from the house via two sets of double doors and is south-facing. It is ideal for breakfast and includes contemporary loungers, parasols, seating and dining areas along with shade and privacy with subtle bamboo planting. It boasts magnificent views across the valley and Umbrian mountains.
- Children under 12 years of age are on request.
- The house has 4 floors in total connected by a large, central staircase.
- As the house is built on a hill, there are two accesses: one through the village with car parking available at approx. 50 meters; and a street access via a stone cobbled courtyard which leads to the garden and from there to the 2nd lower floor.
- Extras are payable locally in cash euro only. Cheques and credit cards are not accepted.
- A deposit is due on arrival in cash euro for the payment of extras charged "per consumption".
- Extras are subject to availability at the time of confirmation and to specific Terms & Conditions. Please enquire with your Tour Consultant for details.
- Your stay might be subject to a city tax which is raised by the municipality in which the accommodation is located. This tax is payable locally in cash euro only.
- Barbecue Area
- Central Heating
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Internet Access (Wireless)
- iPod Docking Station (iPod included)
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Ironing Board
- Library (DVD's)
- Mosquito Nets/Fly screens
- Outdoor dining area
- Swimming Pool (Private)
- Washing Machine
- Maid service, 2 hours daily (1 hour in the morning and 1 in the evening).
- Wireless broadband internet. Please be advised that due to the rural location of the property the internet connection might be intermittent and at an inferior speed than what you are used to.
- Arrival set of bed linen, bath and pool towels. Towels are also changed once during the week.
- Cost of utilities (water, gas and electricity).
- Final cleaning.
- Extra maid service - available on request at EUR 25 per hour.
- Cook service - available on request in advance at EUR 30 per hour plus the cost of groceries.
- Central heating as per consumption.
- Telephone as per consumption.
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping - available at EUR 30 (up to 8 guests) or EUR 50 (up to 10 guests) plus the cost of items. The service is available up to a grocery cost of EUR 200.
- We are also able to arrange all manner of additional activities to enhance your villa experience such as transfers, guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, art classes and hot-air ballooning.
- Property Type
- Outdoor pool
- Fantastic views
- Within walking distance of a village
Daily maid service. Cook available on request at additional cost.
Refundable security deposit. Cooking service 25 Euros per hour, baby sitting service 20 Euros per hour, laundry service 15 Euros per hour, extra maid service 15 Euros per hour, heating 95 Euros per day.
Closest shops/restaurants: in town • Other villages/towns close-by: Citta’ di Castello 15km, Arezzo 43km, Cortona 56km Perugia 60km, Lake Trasimeno 60km, Assisi 73km, Montepulciano 88km Airports and trains: Perugia airport 45Km/28miles, Rome Fiumicino 254Km/158miles, Florence airport 130Km/81 miles. Citta di Castello train station 15km/9miles.
55% of rental
Most of year
Prices include all taxes, agency fees, foreign exchange fees, and credit card fees.
2020/2021 Prices:From $6,915 per week
Off season rates may be less if house is rented with fewer bedrooms. Please inquire.
From the charm of the village, to the incredible warmth of the hosts and relaxed, stylish elegance of the villa, I highly recommend this place. Owners Robbie and Joe have restored the building with such exquisite sensitivity, added their own beautiful design to create an incredible home and one that's hard to leave. And that's the point - it feels like a home away from home. If only my home looked like that.Our bedroom was incredibly comfortable and quiet, the communal areas are spacious and light allowing guests to either be together or remain private as they wish. And breakfast on the big, open terrace is one of life's great delights - with the most amazing panoramic views. I would happily go back.’
BECKY SUNSHINE, INTERIORS & DESIGN JOURNALIST & WRITER -
It was an experience of a lifetime. The villa has breathtaking views over the country side. This is a true gem in Umbria, the building has been restored and decorated to a very high standard to provide great comfort and a peaceful atmosphere. Its hosts are charming and very welcoming. We are looking forward to our next stay to discover more of the Umbria region, which we believe it is more interesting than Tuscany. The house is perfectly located with a great terrace and garden, you’ll never want to leave the villa.”
HASSAN AND MICHEL
Monte Santa Maria Availability Request
To request information about the availability of this property, please enter your travel dates and provide your email!