Very chic 6 bedroom villa with a hint of Asian style.
Provence/France Villa 11
This really is an exceptional villa, in its design, in the quality and originality of the materials used, in its unique relationship with its aquatic surroundings and in it's decidedly ‘Zen’ atmosphere. The property is a contemporary villa with an annex and offers 500 m2/5382 sq, ft. of living space, 6 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms set in nearly 2.5 acres of enclosed landscaped garden with 2 swimming pools (one indoor, one outdoor), Jacuzzi, sauna, hammam and gym room.
The decoration of this spacious house of 500 square meters is restrained but elegant with a Balinese influence.
In the middle of the house, there is a cathedral like sitting room with a raised hallway on the first floor and volcanic stone walls. On the south side of the house, is a retractable picture window that opens open onto a large terrace overlooking the ornamental pool. This central living area has been arranged with a large fireplace, piano and sofas.
There is a dining area with a passage to a patio built with a glass floor. This floor allows guests to see the water and fishes. There is a virtual wall of water to the North and a bay window to the South. The fully equipped kitchen has a nice view of the indoor swimming pool.
The heated indoor swimming pool (8 m x 3 m) is equipped with jets and niches in an area dedicated to quietness and relaxation with a fireplace, and a large Indonesian bed. Following the main house structure this space is entirely glassed-in and is sheltered by the framework of a Balinese house and its colonnades.
On the other side of the house, in the 'West Wing', there are 2 bedrooms that share a large complete bathroom (with pebbled floor, multi jets bathtub, Italian shower, double wash basins and WC): one with a double bed and the other is an office that has been arranged with a single bed. Three other bedrooms are located on the first floor: two double bedrooms are sharing a large bathroom (with pebbled floor, multi jets bathtub, Italian shower, double wash basins and WC), and the other - the Master bedroom - has its own bathroom with South facing view, a dressing room and a private terrace overlooking the 'Sainte-Victoire' mountain.
The owners have arranged the basement with extra living space that is divided into two areas. On one side there is a home cinema system with large screen and sofas and on the other side there is an exercise area with Power Plate, exercise bike, and treadmill. This room can be converted into a dormitory for children on request and in advance. A sauna, a hammam, a cloakroom with a large shower, basin, and toilets, as well as a laundry and storage room also sits in this basement area.
A little stone style annex which is independent from the main house has been arranged with a large bedroom, bathroom, and kitchenette.
Surrounded by trees the gardens (1 hectare) are beautifully landscaped with many water points and match perfectly with the Zen spirit of this surprising property. Facing the house, there is a huge outdoor swimming pool (16 m x 6 m) which flows into a decorative pool with wooden walkways between water lilies and fishes. Near the swimming pool there is also a heated Jacuzzi.
Another decorative waterway runs along the West side of the house and is lit at night. An outdoor staircase leads to the house's roof and its huge hardwood terrace with a magnificent view, a spa and garden furniture to relax.
- Bedroom 1 (West Wing- Ground Floor) - Large king size bed (200 cm), connected to a magnificent bathroom with Jacuzzi like bathtub, Italian shower, double washbasins, and WC.
- Bedroom 2 (West Wing - Ground Floor) - Office, One single bed (90 cm), sharing bedroom 1 bathroom (Jacuzzi like bathtub, Italian shower, double washbasins, and WC).
- Bedroom 3 (West Wing - First Floor) - Large king size bed (200 cm), sharing a large complete bathroom (multi jets bathtub, Italian shower, double washbasins and WC) with bedroom 4.
- Bedroom 4 (West Wing - First Floor) - Large king size bed (200 cm), sharing a large complete bathroom (multi jets bathtub, Italian shower, double washbasins and WC) with bedroom 3.
- Bedroom 5 (East Wing - First Floor) - Master bedroom: large king size bed (200 cm), A/C, dressing room, large en-suite bathroom (bathtub, shower, washbasin, and WC), private terrace overlooking the 'Sainte Victoire' mountain.
- Bedroom 6 (Annex - Studio) - Large king size bed (200 cm), TV, bathroom with shower, basin and WC, and kitchenette.
- Air conditioning
- Fenced outside area
- Gym Room
- Home cinema
- Interior Pool
- Satellite TV
- Huge outdoor swimming pool (52 x 19 ft) which flows into a pool with a path of duckboards between water lilies and fish
- A path of water runs along the west side of the house, lit at night.
- Hot tub/Jacuzzi heated near the swimming pool
- 26 x 8.5 ft indoor heated swimming pool with jets
STAFF AND SERVICES
- Cleaning service 4 hours per day
- Daily breakfast (extra cost for the food)
- House linen changed once per week
- Pool and garden maintenance
- Final Cleaning
- Welcome basket and English speaking meet and greet
STAFF AND SERVICES (AT ADDITIONAL COST)
- Chef at home
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfers
- Extra cleaning hours
- Marseille International Airport is 35 minutes away by car
- Marseille, selected as the European Capital of Culture in 2013, is located less than one hour away from the house
- Located near Aix-en-Provence (about 3 miles away) in the elegant area of Saint-Marc-Jaumegarde
- Caretakers Maurice and Fatima live on the premises in a maisonette on the property and speak English
- Non smoking house
- Pets are not allowed
- A/C only in the Master bedroom and kitchen
- Be aware: children friendly house however there are several water points in the property
- Property Type
- Special Selection
- Deluxe World Class Property
- Within walking distance of a village
- Outdoor pool
- Indoor Pool
Refundable security deposit: 10,000 Euro pre-collected
Aix-en-Provence: 5 kms, Tholonet: 2 kms. Near villages of Bonfillons, Roussillier, Plan de l'Orgue, Savoyards, and Bourg. Marseille Airport: 35 minutes
55% of rental
Most of year
Prices include all taxes, agency fees, foreign exchange fees, and credit card fees.
Feb 11 - Apr 29 $15,217 Weekly
Apr 29 - Sep 30 $18,798 Weekly
There are no reviews at this time.
Saint-Marc Availability Request
To request information about the availability of this property, please enter your travel dates and provide your email!