Villa de Gordes
Beautiful 6 bedroom/7 bath villa within a 5 minute walk of the picturesque village of Gordes
Provence/France Villa 12
This outstanding Provencal villa - originally a mill - has been beautifully renovated to provide high quality and chic interiors, all located within walking distance of one of the most beautiful villages in Provence, Gordes. The property is situated amongst 2 acres of fully enclosed and private grounds with beautifully manicured lawns and amazing views over the Luberon and is just a 10/12 minute walk to the picturesque village of Gordes.
The property features six en-suite bedrooms and its high beamed ceilings and tasteful décor, with soothing neutral tones, provide a light and an airy atmosphere with light flooding in from most of the rooms on the ground floor, which open onto furnished terraces overlooking the gardens. The entrance leads to the right wing of the house, into the chic and cosy lounge area with high ceiling and a beautiful fireplace. This delightful room opens onto a brand new fully equipped kitchen and spacious and dining area up for up to12 guests. The left wing features a second, beautifully furnished living room with another large stone fireplace and a mixture of antique and more modern and high quality furnishings as well as a feature of an original old stone well. On the first floor you will find a further 3 double bedroom, all of them are spacious with beautiful views and furnished with high quality furniture and fabrics. The wooden floors and high beamed ceilings create a unique atmosphere of luxury and charm. The very top floor features the Master bedroom, which boasts a private balcony with stunning views. The entire property is air conditioned and is a great location for families or friends wishing to explore the delights of Provence or just simply to relax and enjoy a peaceful holiday. A truly beautiful and luxurious retreat in one of the most magical areas of France.
There is a guardian living in an independent part of the Annex. Please note that the standard check-in time is between 4-7pm and that we ask guests to vacate the property by 10am on departure day, unless otherwise agreed in advance.
6 Bedrooms/7 Bathrooms 7,500 sq. ft.
- Air Conditioning
- Barbecue Facilities
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Coffee Machine (Espresso)
- Dining Area (Outdoor)
- DVD Player
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- iPod Docking Station (iPod Not included)
- Pizza Oven
- Swimming Pool (Heating Available)
- Swimming Pool (with Cover)
- Swimming Pool (with Pool Alarm)
- Table Tennis
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- Walking distance (ten minutes) on private path to the chic and charming village of Gordes
- Cost of utilities including water, gas and electricity.
- 3 hours of maid service per day (6 days per week) included.
- Starter set of (pool) towels, household and bed linen per bedroom.
- Final Cleaning.
- Central Heating.
- Full Air-conditioning.
- Private swimming pool (15x5m).
- Pool heating from May until October (max. 24 degrees).
- Wi-Fi broadband internet.
- Telephone (Local calls only).
- Extra maid service available on request at €20/hour.
- Cook service (local cuisine) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 35/hr plus the cost of groceries (advance notice necessary).
- Breakfast service is available on request from €60 per breakfast plus the cost of groceries.
- Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 80 per person including the cost of the groceries. A full chef service including breakfast, lunch and dinner is available from EUR 350/day.
- Waiters (obligatory for more than 8 guests): From EUR 20/hr (subject to availability).
- Transfers from Marseille Airport to the Villa (One way): Mercedes Viano or similar (for up to eight passengers) available from EUR 312.
- Transfers from Avignon Train Station (TGV) to the Villa (One way): Mercedes Viano or similar (for up to eight passengers) available from EUR 216.
(Please note: for services between 7.30pm and 7.00am a supplement of 20% is applied).
- Pre-arrival grocery shopping is available. A service fee of EUR 60 is charged plus the cost of groceries. This service covers up to EUR 200 worth of groceries.
- We are also able to arrange additional activities to enhance your holiday experience such as guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, tennis or golf courses, bike rental or art classes.
Master-1 King, En Suite Bathroom, Balcony
Bedroom #2-1 King, En Suite Bathroom
Bedroom #3-1 King, En Suite Bathroom
Bedroom #4-1 King, En Suite Bathroom
Bedroom #5-2 Twins, En Suite Bathroom
Bedroom #6-2 Twins, En Suite Bathroom
Why we chose this property for our portfolio-Historic restored mill, well furnished and on beautiful grounds only a 10 minute walk to the charming town of Gordes. Concierge service is included.
- Property Type
- Special Selection
- Deluxe World Class Property
- Our Favorites
- Within walking distance of a village
- Outdoor pool
- air conditioning
- English speaking concierge
- Lounge area with high ceiling and a beautiful fireplace
- Fully equipped kitchen and spacious and dining area up for up to 12 guests
- Living room with large stone fireplace and a mixture of antique and modern high quality furnishings, as well as a feature of an original old stone well
- Bedroom 1: Double room (160cm) with en suite shower room
- Bedroom 2: Twin bedroom located few steps higher than the ground floor, opening to a little courtyard at the back of the house, with en-suite shower room (large walk-in shower)
- Guest bathroom
Bedroom 3: Twin beds (which can be converted into a king size bed), with en-suite bathroom with bath tub and shower attachment, Bedroom 4: Second master bedroom, has a super king size bed (2m x 2m) and en-suite shower room with large walk-in shower and dressing room, Bedroom 5: Accessed via a mezzanine overlooking the lounge area, has a king size bed, en-suite bathroom with bath and shower attachment and stunning views over the valley
Bedroom 6: Master bedroom, has a king size bed (which can be converted into a twin), dressing area, en-suite bathroom with bath and walk-in shower, as well as a private balcony with stunning views
One bedroom for staff, kitchenette, shower room, laundry room and indoor table tennis.
3 hours of maid service per day (6 days per week) included. Extra maid service available on request at €20/hour. Cook service (local cuisine) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 35/hr plus the cost of groceries (advance notice necessary). Breakfast service is available on request from €60 per breakfast plus the cost of groceries. Chef service (professional service) is available for up to eight guests from EUR 80 per person including the cost of the groceries. A full chef service including breakfast, lunch and dinner is available from EUR 350/day. Waiters (obligatory for more than 8 guests): From EUR 20/hr (subject to availability).
Refundable security deposit
Train station: Avignon (39km), Aix-en-Provence (78km) Airport: Avignon Airport (30km), Marseille Airport (77km), Nice Airport (244km) Villages: Gordes (600 metres), L’Isle-sur-la-Sorgue (18km), Apt (20km), Saignon (24km), Carpentras (26km) Cities: Avignon (39km), Aix-en-Provence (77km), Marseille (90km) Beach: Carry-Le-Rouet (93km), Golf: Provence Country Club (17km)
Recommended Local Restaurants
Pèir-R. DE LA COMBE, 84220 GORDES Tel +33490721212 https://labastidedegordes.airellescollection.com/restaurants-bars/ At the Bastide de Gordes Hotel, world renowned chef Pierre Gagnaire's hallmark talent and experience can be tasted in all the well-presented, inspired, powerful and flavoursome dishes prepared by his team in this elegant restaurnat. Sourced with magnificent produce and ingredients, they elegantly and delicately bring out the best of Provence. Rated One Star by Michelin. A culinary experience not to be missed. Very expensive
La Citadelle-R. DE LA COMBE, 84220 GORDES Tel +33490721212 www.bastide-de-gordes.com Another excellent restaurant in the Bastide de Gordes Hotel, though not quite as formal as the previous listing. In the evening, take a seat in the fine and unmistakably 18C bourgeois dining room, or on the panoramic terrace to admire the sun setting over the Luberon. Enjoy dishes that pay tribute to the premium ingredients and flavours of Provence: asparagus, local tomatoes, lobster, and roast saddle of lamb. Upper moderate-expensive
Les Cuisines du Chateau-Pl. du Château, Gordes Tel 04–90–72–01–31 www.lescuisinesduchateau.com This tiny but deluxe bistro across from the château may look like a tourist trap, but step inside and you'll find friendly service and wonderful home cooking like roast Luberon lamb, beef with truffle sauce, and the like. The '30s-style bistro tables and architectural lines are a relief from Gordes's ubiquitous rustic-chic, and there is a revolving array of paintings by local artists, many of which are for sale. There are only 26 seats, so book well in advance. Inexpensive
Carcarille-RTE D'APT, 84220 GORDES Tel +33490720263 www.carcarille.com It's as if time has ground to a halt in this friendly family restaurant. On the lovely terrace, you can sample flavoursome dishes in which everything is homemade. Try gibelotte de lapin (rabbit stewed in white wine) with a thyme jus, roasted red mullet and mixed vegetables in pesto, or biscuit with lemon cream and marmalade. Inexpensive to moderate pricing.
Les Bories-RTE DE L'ABBAYE DE SÉNANQUE, 84220 GORDES Tel +33490720051 www.hotellesbories.com This remote and idyllic setting opens wide onto the scrubland. The cuisine of Provence comes into its own here. Enjoy the delicate flavours, balanced textures and well-matched culinary combinations pf this One Star Michelin restaurant. The chef has a subtle touch.
Le Mas Tourteron-Tel 04 90 72 00 16 www.mastourteron.com A longstanding gourmet table, where chef Elisabeth Bourgeois-Baique showcases her passion for traditional Provençal dishes like roast guinea-fowl and herb-crusted lamb, spiced with occasionally exotic ingredients (her assistant chef is Japanese). It’s in an attractive country house, 3.5km south of Gordes off the D2: aim for one of the lovely garden tables if you can. Moderate pricing
55% of rental
Most of year
Prices include all taxes, agency fees, foreign exchange fees, and credit card fees.
May 12 - Jun 30 $23,360 Weekly
Jun 30 - Sep 01 $24,300 Weekly
Sep 01 - Sep 29 $23,360 Weekly
Sep 29 - Dec 29 $19,580 Weekly
Jan 20-May 12 Prices on Request
There are no reviews at this time.
Villa de Gordes Availability Request
To request information about the availability of this property, please enter your travel dates and provide your email!