Etna View Palace
Grand 17 Bedroom villa with beautiful interior and fantastic views of Mt Etna. From $40,000-$85,900 per week
Sicily Villa 20
Rising majestically from fragrant orange and lemon groves, the palace is the quintessential Sicilian villa. Here historic opulence greets modern day luxury in a civilised embrace. Mount Etna provides a dramatic background, but the villa's magnificent exterior does its utmost to compete. This former winery is the sort of holiday home far too grand to be described as an Italian villa.
This is a grand property surrounded by 13 hectares of extensive grounds and orange and lemon groves, just perfect for a large group of friends or family. The setting and design of this property is pure luxury. The pool area and house will genuinely take your breath away. The villa offers chic rooms and suites in which antique objects meet contemporary style. The palace is a great summer residence with the beaches of the Mediterranean Sea just a 10 minute drive away and fashionable Taormina 30 minute. The villa is also suitable for winter rentals as the ski lifts of Mount Etna are just 30km away.
Originally an old winery, the villa has been meticulously restored by the owners. The magnificent exterior contrasts with the cool modern interiors, high vaulted ceilings, floor to ceiling windows overlooking Mount Etna on one side and the Ionian sea on the other, smooth walls and the contemporary palette of greys and whites. The furniture is minimal and modern but designed for maximum comfort. The villa has 17 comfortable, stylish bedrooms with en suite bathrooms. A spacious ground floor living space with kitchen and dining area for a large group sets the scene for happy gatherings. Outside, the grounds surrounding the villa feel private and extensive with a good choice of places to relax or dine in the sun or shade. A large swimming pool with decking and lawn takes pride of place among the citrus groves. Beyond the grounds of the villa is a local beach with pebbles, just 10minutes drive away. There are several other beaches in the area like the golden one of Pozzillo, famous for its mineral water and watchtower (15min drive) and Stazzo's black rocks are 20min away. Wander a bit further south to Aci Trezza (40min drive), considered the most beautiful beach in the area with crystal clear waters and huge rocks that ascend from the sea, giving the area a mystical appearance. The palace allows you to visit the many sights of eastern Sicily. It's just half an hour to Taormina, Sicily's most prized sight and mecca of the international jet-set, with its many boutiques, fabulous restaurants and the Greek amphitheatre - still used for scenic concerts. Marvellous Catania, 30min towards the south, has a Unesco-listed historic centre with hundreds of bars, clubs and eateries. A visit to this part of the island would not be complete without a hike to Mount Etna, the largest active volcano in Europe.
17 Bedrooms/18 Bathrooms(17 ensuite)
- Air Conditioning
- Central Heating
- Dining Area (Outdoor)
- Function Facilities (Banquet/Conference/Weddings)
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- Steam Room
- Swimming Pool (Private)
- Cable TV
- Electricity and water consumptions.
- Wireless broadband internet. Please be advised that due to the rural location of the property the internet connection might be intermittent and at an inferior speed than what you are used to.
- Arrival set of bed linen, bath and pool towels and mid-week change.
- Final cleaning.
- Maid service daily for light cleaning.
- Arrival and departure porterage.
- Concierge. An English-speaking concierge is available daily for assistance and to answer any questions you might have about the villa or the surrounding.
- Additional linen change.
- Additional maid service available at EUR 10 per hour.
- Laundry service.
- Grocery shopping delivery on arrival day – EUR 30 plus cost of items.
- Use of the spa.
- We are also able to arrange all manner of additional activities to enhance your villa experience such as transfers, guided touring and sightseeing options, tutored wine tasting, art classes and hot-air ballooning.
- Extras are subject to availability at the time of confirmation and to specific Terms & Conditions. Please enquire with your Tour Consultant for details.
- Train tracks run behind the villa. Some noise should be expected although all windows facing the railway have been sound-proven
- Staff live on the premises.
- Your stay might be subject to a city tax which is raised by the municipality in which the accommodation is located. This tax is payable locally in cash euro only..
- Property Type
- Special Selection
- Deluxe World Class Property
- Outdoor pool
- Indoor Steam Room
- Common areas including a TV room, reading room, relax area, lounge bar.
- Professionally equipped, restaurant style kitchen.
Old Wine Cellar
- Three bedrooms are in the old wine cellar. The white walls and floors in white resin clearly contrasts with the pre-existing volcanic stonework.
- Bedroom 5: 32sqm room, double bed (1.80 x 2.00m), en suite bathroom (shower), small balcony with garden view. The bed can be made up as twin on request.
- Bedroom 6: 30sqm room, double bed (1.80 x 2.00m), en suite bathroom (shower), garden views.
- Bedroom 7: 26sqm room, double bed (1.80 x 2.00m), en suite bathroom (shower), garden views. The bed can be made up as twin on request.
- On the lower ground floor of the old wine cellar find a wellness area that includes: sauna, Turkish bath, emotional shower, pool with Jacuzzi. Massages and treatments are available on request and extra cost.
- Bedroom 2: 38sqm room, double bed (1.80 x 2.00m), en suite bathroom with double shower and double washbasin, Etna views and small balcony.
- Bedroom 3: 36sqm room, double bed (1.80 x 2.00m), en suite bathroom with double shower and double washbasin, terrace shared with room 4 with views to the sea and Taormina in the distance.
- Suite Etna 1: 40sqm room, bed that can be made up as twin or double (0.9 x 1.95m), en suite bathroom (shower), Etna views and small balcony.
- Sea Suite 4: 50sqm room, double bed (2.00 x 2.00m), en suite bathroom (tub and shower), terrace shared with room 3 with views to the sea and Taormina in the distance.
Bedroom 3 and 4 can be transformed into a Grand Suite with private living room and private access to the terrace.
- Three bedrooms are completely immersed in the green of the countryside. Big glass doors make the citrus trees the real walls of these rooms. The rooms are dominated by grey colours announcing the presence of volcanic stone, used to decorate everything from the bathtub to the headboard.
- Bedroom 8: 26sqm room, double bed (1.80 x 2.00m), en suite bathroom (shower), private garden; located near the Old Wine Cellar.
- Spa Bedroom 9: 30sqm room with mini deck level pool, double bed (1.80 x 2.00m), en suite bathroom (whirlpool shower with Turkish bath), private garden with orange trees; located near the Old Wine Cellar.
- Bedroom 10: 26sqm room, double bed (1.80 x 2.00m), en suite bathroom (shower), private garden with orange trees; located behind the pool bar.
The Keepers House
- Located between the main villa and the pool, the Keeper’s House has been transformed into a three bedroom space with large windows that open onto three green of the garden.
- Bedroom 11: 36sqm room, double bed (1.80 x2.00m), en suite bathroom (double washbasin, shower). The bed can be made up as twin on request.
- Bedroom 12: 35sqm room, double bed (1.80 x2.00m), en suite bathroom (double washbasin, shower).
- Bedrooms 11 and 12 are interconnected.
- Suite 14: 55sqm room, double bed (2.00 x 2.00m), en suite bathroom (double washbasin, double shower).
- Completely immersed in the citrus grove, find four glass cubes with their own small private outdoor tub.
- Glass Cubes 15 & 16: 40sqm room, double bed (1.80 x 2.00m), en suite bathroom (double washbasin, double shower), garden access and outdoor tub. The beds can be made up as twins on request.
- Glass Cubes 17 & 18: 40sqm room, double bed (1.80 x 2.00m), en suite bathroom (double washbasin, double shower, sauna), garden access and outdoor tub.
All bedrooms have satellite TV, mini fridge, safe, air-conditioning, internet access.
Maid service daily. Cooking service: see above under inclusions.
- Grocery store/supermarket: Giarre 5km
- Nearest restaurant: Riposto (3km)
- Nearest beach: Riposto (3km)
- Other towns: Acireale 15km, Giardini Naxos 25km, Catania 30km, Alcantara Gorges 36km, Taormina 32km, Bronte 75km, Messina 76km, Syracuse 96km, Ortygia Island 98km
- Ski lift: 31km
- Nearest airport: Catania 44km
55% of rental
Most of year
Prices include all taxes, agency fees, foreign exchange fees, and credit card fees.
2020/2021 Prices: From $40,000-$85,900 per week, depending on season.
There are no reviews at this time.
Etna View Palace Availability Request
To request information about the availability of this property, please enter your travel dates and provide your email!