Stylish 4 bedroom villa with beautiful views and outdoor spaces only a short 7 minute walk to the wine town of Montalcino. From $9,900 per week
Tuscany-Southeast/Val D'Orcia Villa 8
Wake up early to catch the morning sun as it hits the mist in Val d’Orcia, turning the entire valley golden. You’ll have quite the view from this 5-acre hilltop villa 7-minute’s walk from Montalcino’s center. When the mist settles, set out to explore the property’s private vineyard and olive grove. Then, walk into town for breakfast. And, make sure to pick up some Brunello di Montalcino for later.
Lovingly-restored, this 1600’s farmhouse has been updated with a state of the kitchen, in-floor heating and cooling, and the highest-end electronics and appliances. Staying true to its roots, Villa La Palazetta also boasts a private cantina and wine cellar, wood-burning pizza oven, and rustic fire pit. Dine outside amongst the mountain views. After dinner, issue a challenge on the night-lit bocce court.
Make that home-cooked meal extra-special and get the concierge to book an in-house Italian cooking lesson. The professional kitchen is the perfect place to learn how to hand-make pasta and combine fresh local produce. When the party inevitably moves to the terrace, cool off in the swimming pool, or sample the finest local wines around the alfresco dining set.
Rather dine out? Walk into Montalcino and wander within the historic city walls, where high-quality restaurants, bakeries, and gelato shops line the streets. Take a day trip to Siena and explore the museums, galleries, and churches of the ancient Renaissance city. And, wine tours of the World-famous Brunelle Vineyards are a great way to see all the different areas and landscapes of Val d’Orcia.
4 Bedrooms/5 Bathrooms 190m2/2,045 sq ft
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master : King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower and bathtub, Safe
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin size beds, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Safe
- Bedroom 4: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Safe
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Formal dining area with seating for 10
- Espresso machine
- Ice maker
- Sonos sound system
- Central air conditioning
Sonos sound system
What Makes this Property Special?
High quality villa only 350 meters from the lovely wine village of Montalcino.
- Property Type
- Tuscany-Southeast/Val D'Orcia
- Special Selection
- Best Value Property
- Our Favorites
- Within walking distance of a village
- Alfresco dining area with seating for 10
- Swimming pool - heating at extra cost
- Mountain views
- Wine cellar
- Pizza oven
- Sun loungers
- Outdoor furniture
- Gated property
- Parking - 4 spaces
- Daily Housekeeping,
Concierge service, change of linen on Saturday, change of towels on Saturday and midweek, final cleaning, daily maid service from Monday to Friday (10am - noon), heating, air conditioning, shopping service (cost of groceries is not included), laundry service.
- Firewood for outside pizza oven
- Welcome gift
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Wine tasting
- Cooking classes
Extra maid service EUR 15 per hour, cooking service EUR 50 per person for one meal (food included, wine excluded, min. 4 guests), baby sitter EUR 20 per hour, city tax (up to 5 guests EUR 5 per person per night, up to EUR 3.50 per person per night, children up to 14 years old are tax-exempt), pool heating (up to 28 °C): EUR 300 for 4 days, EUR 350 for 5 days, EUR 400 for 6 days, EUR 450 for 7 day
Security Deposit: $1,420
Points of Interest:
- 2 minute drive to church and Town of Montalcino
- 14 km drive to Castiglion del Bosco Golf Club
- 14 km drive to Buonconvento
- 20 km drive to Bagno Vignoni
Montalcino 350m/0,2miles, San Quirico d’ Orcia 14km/8,7miles, Bagno Vignoni 20km/12,4miles, Rocca d’ Orcia 22km/13,7miles, Pienza 23km/14,3miles, Monticchiello, 29km/18miles, Montepulciano 36km/22,3miles, Siena 40km/24,9miles, Arezzo 81km/50,2miles, Firenze 116km/72miles.
Airports and trains
Airports: Perugia airport 110km/68,3miles, Firenze 114km/70,7miles, Pisa 205km/127miles, Roma Fiumicino 226km/140miles.
Trains: Buonconvento 13km/8miles.
- 23 km drive to Pienza
- 36 km drive to Montepulcian
- 41 km drive to Siena
- 124 km to Florence Peretola Airport (FLR)
Recommended Local Restaurants
Taverna del Grappolo Blu-Scale di Via Moglio, 1 Montalcino Tel +39 0577 847150 The name of this typical restaurant hints at Montalcino’s main activity (grappolo is the Italian for a bunch of grapes), as the village is listed numerous times on the restaurant’s wine list. Traditional Tuscan dishes made from carefully chosen ingredients served in a pleasantly convivial atmosphere. Inexepensive
Il Pozzo-Piazza Castello, Sant' Angelo in Colle Tel +39 0577 844015 https://www.trattoriailpozzo.com Great place for a Florentine beef steak and some great pasta. About 10 kms from the villa. Moderate prices
Sala dei Grappoli-53024 Poggio Alle Mura Tel +39 0577 816001 https://www.castellobanfiilborgo.it/en/sala-dei-grappoli-restaurant 10 minute drive from villa, Standing just below a magnificent medieval castle, this Relais & Chateaux restaurant on the Banfi wine estate takes its name from the vines which decorate the walls of its dining rooms. Elegantly presented, traditional cuisine reinterpreted with a creative twist is to the fore on the menu, while the wine list focuses on the restaurant’s own wines produced in several different wine - growing areas. Listed in the Michelin Guide. Expensive.
Osteria Perillà-Via Borgo Maestro 74, Castiglione d.Orcia. Tel +39 0577 887263 http://www.osteriaperilla.net 35 minute drive from villa. The introduction of works of art to this restaurant adds extra elegance to the decor, providing a stylish setting for the carefully prepared, top - quality cuisine served here. The regional ingredients used in the dishes are locally sourced from small producers, or even come from the restaurant’s own farm. Full of flavour and resolutely creative, all the dishes are beautifully and carefully presented. One Michelin Star. Upper moderate to expensive.
35% of rental
Most of year
- No smoking
- No pets
- No parties or events
- Check-in is anytime after 4PM
- Check out by 10AM
- All credit card holders must be aged 25 years and older at the time of booking. According to Italian law (ART. 109 – TULPS), the owners and/or managers of any touristic structure are required to register their guests with the authorities prior to allowing their access to the facilities. In order to facilitate the registration, process you will be required to provide complete contact details (name, last name, address, telephone number etc.), a copy of the passport and the authorization to hold these details in accordance to law (D. Lgs. 196/2003) on privacy protection, prior to your arrival at the property. This information cannot be used to promote, sell, solicit any service or product to you and is required only for the individual responsible for the rental agreement.
Prices include all taxes, agency fees, foreign exchange fees, and credit card fees.
2020/2021 Prices from $9,900 per Week
There are no reviews at this time.
Villa Montalcino Availability Request
To request information about the availability of this property, please enter your travel dates and provide your email!