Very pretty and well furnished luxury 6 bedroom villa near Pienza. From $5,398 per week
Tuscany-Southeast/Val D'Orcia Villa 12
Pope Pius II once commissioned a model Renaissance town to be built in his honour. Today, the grand piazza and duomo in Pienza still elegantly stand, but the town’s reputation is now is based on it's glorious Pecorino, not papal glory. Pienza’s gastronomic and historic splendour can be enjoyed from the stunning gardens of this model Tuscan villa. This beautiful farmhouse has been lovingly restored using only original materials.
From its gardens you can take in all the unspoilt delights of Val d’Orcia: rolling hills patchworked by wheat fields and olive groves, majestic cypress trees and traditional villages. The local communities’ lights sparkle at night like stars, but their lively markets and gourmet restaurants sparkle even brighter by day.
This Tuscan villa is certainly enhanced by, but not limited to, its location. Six spacious en suite bedrooms grace its interior, decorated with typical Italian tiling. Air-conditioning guarantees comfort in the hot summer months, and a private swimming pool provides the wonderful focus for its expansive grounds.
Original features have been retained, but all manner of modern comforts have been added. Facilities for active families include a table tennis table, toys for children, a gym, vegetable garden and three mountain bikes for exploring the Tuscan countryside and its picturesque villages.
This retreat from everyday life is a springboard for exploring the delights of Tuscany.
6 Bedrooms/6 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Barbecue Facilities
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Dining Area (Outdoor)
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Internet Access (Wireless Broadband)
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Library (CD's/DVD's)
- Mosquito Nets/Fly Screens
- Pool / Billiards Table
- Swimming Pool (Heating Available)
- Swimming Pool (Private)
- Table Tennis
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- Washing Machine & Dryer
- Property Type
- Tuscany-Southeast/Val D'Orcia
- Large open plan living area with sitting room and a few steps down a generously sized TV room with satellite TV and comfortable sofas.
- Dining area with direct access to a small but equipped kitchen.
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom (double-headed shower)
- A glass corridor and 5 steps down lead to a spacious loft with 6.50 m high ceilings. Romantic round stairs in cast iron by Fonderie Viterbesi lead to the mezzanine; large antique wooden dining table for 12; Tuscan-style kitchen with modern amenities. From here access the covered outdoor dining area
- Double bedroom with an ancient iron bed, adjacent bathroom (tub and handheld shower).
- From the kitchen 7 steps lead up to the billiard room with fireplace
- 3 steps lead down to another kitchen with access to outside as well
- Twin/ double bedroom with garden view and en suite bathroom (shower).
Accessible from the dining area or from outside
- Elegant sitting room with 18th century armchairs. Doors open onto a little charming terrace (not over 1 metre high wall) facing south from which you can enjoy the spectacular view of Monte Amiata.
- Double bedroom with a large round 170x170 Villeroy Boch Jacuzzi tub veiled behind a hand made silk screen. This room also has a private bathroom with a shower.
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom (shower) and walk in wardrobe.
Accessible from kitchen off the billiard room
- Double room with baldachin and bathroom with Jacuzzi bath with shower. From the windows there are spectacular view on the surrounding rolling hills and wheat fields.
- On a lower level, in a separate building find a gym equipped with bathroom, tatami, wall bars, punching bag and massage table (massages and personal trainer available on request and extra cost).
Maid service 3 hours daily for the common areas. On Wednesdays also cleaning of all the rooms and bathrooms. Cook on request
- Central heating and wood for fireplaces – available at EUR 400 per week.
- Final cleaning – mandatory extra fee EUR 300 per booking.
- Air-conditioning – available at EUR 300 per week.
- Extra maid service available on request at EUR 20 per hour. Not available on Sundays.
- Cook service available on request in advance from EUR 35 per person, min. 10 people.
- Pool heating available on request with supplement: EUR 600 per week in high season; EUR 1.000 per week in mid-season and EUR 2.000 per week in low season.
A security deposit of EUR 500 is due on arrival in cash. This will be refunded at the end of the stay minus any damages to the house.
- Closest shops/ restaurants: Pienza, 5km
- Other towns: Monticchiello 7km, Bagno Vignoni 12km, San Quirico d'Orcia 14km, Montepulciano 15km, Montalcino 27km, Siena 57km, Florence 121km
- Airports: Florence 138km, Pisa 190km, Rome- Fiumicino 210km
Recommended Local Restaurants
La Bandita Townhouse-Corso Il Rossellino, 111 Pienza Tel TEL +39 0578749005 https://la-bandita.com/townhouse/the-restaurant/ Very good creative Tuscan food in a contemporary enviornmant.
La Terrazza del Chiostro-Via del Balzello, traverso di corso il Rossellino, Pienza Tel +39 0578 748183 http://www.laterrazzadelchiostro.com 5 minute drive from villa. Situated in the heart of the “perfect city”, this restaurant is accessed via a romantic cloister. Gourmet cuisine takes pride of place here, with traditional Tuscan dishes featuring on the menu alongside more creative options, all of which delight guests with their skilful preparation and intense flavours. There’s a simpler menu at lunchtime, although the gourmet menu is also available on request. Enjoy alfresco dining in summer on the terrace with its fine views of the Orcia valley. Listed in the Michelin Guide. Moderate to Upper modearte pricing.
Ristorante Daria-Via San Luigi 3 53026 Monticchiello Tel +39 0578 755170 https://www.ristorantedaria.it/en/ 10 minute drive from villa. Daria is not just the name of this restaurant, but also that of the enthusiastic female owner who works together with her daughter to showcase dishes and wines from the region. Fans of pecorino cheese from Pienza should opt for the “piatto degustazione” (tasting dish). Moderate pricing
Fonte alla Vena-Via Dante Alighieri, 137 53027 San Quirico d'Orcia SI Tel +39 0577 897034https://www.fonteallavena.it 14 minute drive from villa. Located slightly outside the historic center of San Quirico d'Orcia, this restaurant now has a new team at the helm led by an entrepreneur with experience in the restaurant business and a chef whom he has chosen personally. Generous regional cuisine, beautifully presented and full of flavour, served in a simple yet attractive and welcoming dining room. Specialities include handmade pici pasta with garlic, grilled Cinta Senese pork, and artisanal cantucci biscuits served with Vin Santo. Listed in the Michelin Guide. Moderate pricing.
Dopolavoro La Foce Strada della Vittoria, 90 - Località La Foce (SI) - Tel./ Fax: 0578/754025www.dopolavorolafoce.it/ Open all day, nice atmosphere, good Tuscan dishes, and friendly people. 15 minute drive from villa. Very reasonable prices.
Osteria Perillà-Via Borgo Maestro 74, Castiglione d.Orcia. Tel +39 0577 887263 http://www.osteriaperilla.net 20 minute drive from villa. The introduction of works of art to this restaurant adds extra elegance to the decor, providing a stylish setting for the carefully prepared, top - quality cuisine served here. The regional ingredients used in the dishes are locally sourced from small producers, or even come from the restaurant’s own farm. Full of flavour and resolutely creative, all the dishes are beautifully and carefully presented. One Michelin StarUpper moderate to expensive.
Il Conte Matto-Via Taverne 40, Trequanda Tel +39 0577 662079 http://www.contematto.it 25 minute drive from villa. The castle’s 14 Century hunting lodge has been converted into a showcase for Tuscan produce with a panoramic terrace overlooking the hills and glimpses of the surrounding countryside from the guestrooms. Specialities include pici pasta in a Chianina beef ragù, veal tagliata seasoned with three salts and herbs from the garden, and cantucci biscuits served with dessert wine. Listed in Michein guide. Inexpensive to Moderate pricing.
Prices include all taxes, agency fees, foreign exchange fees, and credit card fees.
2020/2021 Prices from $5,398-$11,594 per week, depending on season
There are no reviews at this time.
Villa Pienza Availability Request
To request information about the availability of this property, please enter your travel dates and provide your email!