Freshly restored deluxe 9 bedroom villa near Volterra with wellness area.
Tuscany-Siena/San Gimignano Area Villa 18
Villa Volterra is a newly restored property surrounded by pristine countryside and the typical Tuscan panorama of fields and rolling hills. In the distance, perched in a prominent position dominating the surrounding area, lies Volterra, rich in millennia of history, while in the distance one can recognize the outline of Pisa with its Leaning Tower. Villa Volterra is a perfect base from which to explore Tuscany. After a day of roaming and wandering, the villa offers desirable facilities that help to unwind: a 15x5m outdoor pool, a spa and wellness centre with generously sized Jacuzzi, salt room and tea parlour. The professionally equipped kitchen is perfect to prepare delicious Tuscan treats that one can enjoy in the al fresco dining area overlooking the olive grove, fields and forest.
The 650sqm/7000 sq ft property has been completely restored with great attention to details at the beginning of 2015. There are 9 spacious bedrooms, each with their own en suite bathroom, air conditioning and sweeping views. They have been furnished in tasteful simplicity allowing the exposed walls to impregnate the rooms. The villa, although suitable for up to 18 people and kids, has been cleverly designed to allow everybody to gather together in the common areas of the ground floor or the outdoors, yet it offers enough areas in which to retreat to enjoy a good read or a delicious glass of red wine taking in the countryside. Surrounded by hectares of private grounds, lawn areas, olive trees and forest, it is nonetheless only a 15min drive from Volterra and its artistic and archetectual treasures. The villa enjoys excellent views over the surrounding countryside all the way to Pisa and nearby Volterra. Rich in over 3,000 years of history, Volterra was a powerful center since Etruscan and Roman times until the Renaissance. Artistic testimony of its importance are the several churches, the cathedral and Roman amphitheatre, richly decorated palaces, city doors and imposing defensive walls. The area is also famous for its alabaster, a white and transparent stone used for millennia in the local workshops to make sculptures, big and small objects and jewellery. The villa is also conveniently located for day trips to some of Tuscany's most precious sights like San Gimignano and Colle Val d'Elsa (40min), Certaldo and Monteriggioni (50min), while the wine producing Chianti, Siena and Pisa can be reached in just over 1 hour. The beaches of Bibbona and Cecina are a 45min drive away.
9 Bedrooms/Bathrooms 650 m2/700 sq. ft.
- Air Conditioning
- Barbecue Facilities
- CD Player
- Children's Toys
- Dining Area (Outdoor)
- DVD Player
- Fans Available
- Restaurant (Coffee Shop/Tea Room)
- Tea / Coffee Making Facilities
- TV (Cable/Satellite)
- Maid service. 4 hours mid-week
- Wireless broadband internet. Please be advised that due to the rural location of the property the internet connection might be intermittent and at an inferior speed than what you are used to.
- Cost of utilities (water, gas and electricity).
- Arrival set of bed linen, bath and pool towels.
- Final cleaning.
- Use of the spa facilities (treatments extra).
- Use of the swimming pool (15 x 5m / 49.2 x 16 ft).
- Extra maid service - available on request at EUR 25 per hour.
- Chef service (professional service) - available from EUR 40 per person (based on a minimum of 15 guests).
- Change of Bed Linen: available on request at EUR 35.00 per bedroom.
- Change of Bath and pool Towels: available on request at EUR 35.00 per bedroom.
- Central Heating.
- Property Type
- Tuscany-Siena/San Gimignano Area
- Special Selection
- Deluxe World Class Property
- Outdoor pool
- Indoor hot tub
- Professionally equipped kitchen.
- Dining room with seating for up to 20, fireplace, piano and access to the garden.
- TV room with sofas.
- Double bedroom, en suite bathroom (shower). The room is also accessible from outside and its bathroom is wheelchair accessible. Bed 1.7 x 1.9m. Room 15sq m.
- Two guest bathrooms.
- Spa: sitting area with tea facilities, Jacuzzi, salt room, treatment area with massage table.
- Double bedroom with sink in the room, en suite bathroom (shower), garden views. Bed 1.6 x 1.9m. Room 22.5sq m.
- Double bedroom with tub in the room, en suite bathroom (shower), valley views. Bed 1.7 x 1.9m. Room 24sq m.
- Twin/ double bedroom with en suite bathroom (shower) and views over the valley and outdoor dining area. Bed 1.7 x 1.9m. Room 15sq m.
- Double bedroom with en suite bathroom (shower), views over the valley, olive trees and the outdoor dining area. Bed 1.6 x 1.9m. Room 18.5sq m.
- Double bedroom with en suite bathroom (shower), views to Volterra in the distance. Bed 1.6 x 1.9m. Room 15sq m.
- Double bedroom with en suite bathroom (shower), views to Volterra in the distance. Bed 1.6 x 1.9m. Room 15.5sq m.
Two suites are accessible from outside:
- Double bedroom with possibility to add an extra bed, en suite bathroom (shower), huge windows overlooking the countryside. Bed 1.6 x 1.9m. Room 33.5sq m.
- Twin/ double bedroom with possibility to add an extra bed, en suite bathroom (shower), views to Volterra in the distance. Bed 1.8 x 1.9m. Room 44sq m.
Maid service daily. Extra maid service - available on request at EUR 25 per hour. Chef service (professional service) - available from EUR 40 per person (based on a minimum of 6 guests).
Refundable security deposit equal to 20% of rental. Certain high season dates might require a higher deposit. Your stay might be subject to a city tax which is raised by the municipality in which the accommodation is located. This tax is payable locally in cash euro only.
- Volterra 10km (shops, restaurants, bank)
- San Gimignano 20km, Casole D’Elsa 28km, Colle Val D’Elsa 32km, Certaldo 38km, Monteriggioni 43km, Castellina in Chianti 52km, Siena 59km
- Airports: Pisa 62km, Florence 73km, Rome Fiumicino 316km
35% of rental
Most of the year
Prices include all taxes, agency fees, foreign exchange fees, and credit card fees.
2020/2021 Prices; From $7,995
There are no reviews at this time.
Villa Volterra Availability Request
To request information about the availability of this property, please enter your travel dates and provide your email!